Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mmm

This is just a yummy week. I took down a large tub of coleslaw we froze last month - it was even sweeter and crunchier than the fresh version. A side of leftover roasted root veggies and local Bahkti chai with homemade soymilk rounded out my most delicious lunch. Mmm.

Dinner was reheated chili from last night, more delicious coleslaw and roasted delicata squash with ghee and brown sugar. I discovered (when I realized I was out of local butter and reached for the jarred ghee) that the ghee is local, from down the road in Sedalia, Colorado. Woot!

I am slowly working through my local jams and jellies on my homemade toast each morning. The apple butter and peach jam are gone and I'm into the peach jelly my friend Denise gifted me as a thanks for sharing the bounty of my CSA share when it overwhelmed me. I have more apple butter in the pantry and need to remember to stock up on applesauce - that goes so quickly in the winter with my kiddos! Stay warm, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. i didn't know you could freeze coleslaw. great to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here is the recipe - it's awesome and my hands-down favorite.

    http://www.eatabbo.org/freezer-coleslaw.html

    ReplyDelete